I have an 8-month-old who used to be an amazing sleeper until she got a cold last month. I’m not sure what happened, but suddenly her sleep cycle is all messed up and now I can’t remember when one day begins and another ends. Being sleep deprived has caused me to say some crazy things to my baby. I hope she will forgive me.
Here are a few examples.
1. Don’t touch my face. I’ve been up with you for over an hour. We’re not friends.
2. I’m changing your poopy butt. I should be crying.
3. Stop flapping your arms you crazy-ass bird baby.
4. This is why daddy wants to drive into the ocean.
5. Ugh… don’t forget about this when you’re a teenager.
6. Do you see anyone else laughing? It’s like you’re on drugs. I want some drugs…
7. Normal people don’t rub boogers on their face. You’re the worst roommate ever.
8. You were asleep!! You were asleep!! You! Were! Asleep!!
9. You’re diaper smells like apricots. What the hell is going on?
10. This is why you don’t have any friends.
11. I cuddle with you, and you push me away. I set you down, and you cry. You’re as confusing as your mother.
12. Just tell me what you want! Not everything is a secret.
13. Stop being cute. No one is cute right now. Go the f*%k to sleep.
14. Why are you smiling? Now I’m smiling. I hate that we are smiling.
What are some of the crazy things you’ve said to your baby when up in the night?
You would also enjoy, Hell Is A lot Like A Little Girl’s Birthday Party
Clint Edwards was blessed with a charming and spitfire wife, a video game obsessed little boy, a snarky little girl in a Cinderella play dress, and an angry baby girl. When Clint was 9-years-old his father left. With no example of fatherhood, he had to learn how to be a father and husband through trial and error. His work has been featured in Good Morning America, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, Scary Mommy, The Good Men Project, Fast Company, and elsewhere. He lives in Oregon. Follow him on Facebook and Twitter.